British Bitters are an unintentional consequence of a change in British tax law. After the British changed their alcohol tax from a tax on ingredients to a tax on final alcohol content brewers discovered they could make very drinkable beer and still save tax money by reducing the wort gravity; however, they didn’t additionally reduce the hop content at the time, thus the creation of the British Bitter.
- 6 Lbs. – Pale Liquid Malt Extract
- .5 Lbs. – Great Western Caramel 60 Malt
- 1.5 Oz. – E.K. Goldings Hops @ 60 Mins
- .5 Oz. – E.K. Goldings Hops @ 0 Mins
- White Labs 005 – British Ale Yeast
- Substitute Yeasts Include: Fermentis S-04 Dry Yeast or Wyeat 1318
Please specify any requested changes at checkout. Recipe adjustments are subject to price changes.